Sunday, July 17, 2011

Shell Earings

I made two sets of earrings (and one pendant) for an auction. I am glad to say they were both a big hit, and brought in about $56 dollars total! 

I drilled holes in all of the shells. I painted a clear coat on the mussel shells in hopes of making them a little bit stronger.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Next Project

So I bought fabric for my next project.

I plan to make the Amy Butler Barcelona Skirt pattern. 

Who knows when I will get around to actually starting this project. . . but it is on queue!

Baby Quilt #?

I have been working on a baby quilt for quite some time now. I finished it weeks ago, and haven't gotten around to blogging about it.  I seem to have slowed WAY down on the crafting since starting my 9-5 job in January... and have  been even worse about posting projects here when they are done. Here goes for trying to fix that.

I normally don't post gift projects until they have made it to their rightful owner, however I have time now to blog, so will post before it is sent. Recipient, if you see this, you'll probably know it's for you, and just pretend you didn't see it here. Act surprised when you get it in the mail!

This baby quilt is for a great friend who is due any day now. (I took the photos with my phone and not my camera, so apologize for the low quality)

I didn't follow a pattern for this one. Just drew it out on graph paper and went with it. I think it turned out pretty well!

When I get some extra time and batteries for my camera I will be sure to post higher quality photos.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

silhouette plate

I made two silhouette plates as holiday gifts this year. One with each of my nephews on it.  I found the tutorial on Prudent Baby.

Here is my result for my nephew Joshua.

I some how sent Isaac's without taking a photo, so hopefully my brother or sister-in-law will send a photo that I can post here to show it off.

Here is the plate of my nephew Isaac:
(Thanks for the photo Brandie!!!)

I had a photo of each nephews silhouette, I then put it on top of black paper and cut out the two layers with an x-acto knife.  Then I mod podged it onto a plate (from goodwill).

Baby Sweater for Joshua

I knit Joshua a baby sweater for Christmas. I started it right after he was born, put it down for a while, and picked it up again knowing the size I choose would fit when he was about one year old.  I finished it and it fit!

Pattern: Rufus Textured Cardigan by Kristen Rengren  (From the book Vintage Baby Knits)
Yarn: Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash in Celery Green
Needle size: US4 & US5

I altered the pattern a little so there would be less seaming at the end. I knit the button bands with the front panels instead of knitting them in two pieces and seaming. The pattern called for a whole lot of seaming at the end, which I did and groaned about... but the results were really great, so I shouldn't have complained.

Here are the pictures of Mr. Joshua in his new sweater.

You can go to my Ravelry page to see more info about this project.